The KITE FESTIVAL was amazing! I was hoping that it was going to be just like the kite festivals in Afghanistan with kite battles and competition, but it wasn't quite like that. Although it was amazing with hundreds of kites flying over the mall. Before yesterday I had never really flown a kite, I basically became a pro yesterday after making a fool of myself because my kite crashed into a group of people and I almost ran into a garbage truck trying to make my kite fly. I went with my ward, Kimball, and John. The Kite Festival is in honor of the beginning of the Cherry Blossom Festival, which is beautiful with pink flowers blooming everywhere.
Sunday, March 30, 2008
Kite Festival
The KITE FESTIVAL was amazing! I was hoping that it was going to be just like the kite festivals in Afghanistan with kite battles and competition, but it wasn't quite like that. Although it was amazing with hundreds of kites flying over the mall. Before yesterday I had never really flown a kite, I basically became a pro yesterday after making a fool of myself because my kite crashed into a group of people and I almost ran into a garbage truck trying to make my kite fly. I went with my ward, Kimball, and John. The Kite Festival is in honor of the beginning of the Cherry Blossom Festival, which is beautiful with pink flowers blooming everywhere.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
"words, words, words"
Shakespeare
4 comments:
That sounds way fun, Sar!
I found your blog! It's good to see what your up to!! What are you doing out in D.C?
How is life??
Amanda
Hey Sarah-
I may be heading to DC in early May! I'd love to get in touch
Hi sweetheart, it's Maere! I am so so happy I found your blog, Sar, we are like 2 hours away from each other! I am up in D.C. a lot between family being there and the temple, so let's get together sometime! I am so glad that you are enjoying D.C., it is such a fun city. And Capitol Hill, what a great job! I have not caught up with you since you have been home from your mission so I wanted to say hello and let you know I was thinking about you. Our blog is weedsandwildflowers.blogspot.
love ya!
Maere
Post a Comment