I think I write best at night. I am usually too lazy to get out of my bed to sit down and type away at my computer. I day dream about sitting in front of a beautiful window with trees, sipping tea and writing. Writing wherever my pen takes me. But this is a dream that is far away from reality. First, yes we have a desk, but it's piled high with textbook after textbook and too many papers to count. Second, I have lost the art of pen and paper. Every once in a while I sit down with my journal and take time, much needed time, to leave a note of remembrance for my future.
Back to writing at night. I should be asleep. I know that morning is going to come and I am going to regret my decision to write down some of the thoughts that are swimming around in my head like movements from a dance I am trying to choreograph.
It's late. I have a final to turn into tomorrow and I have been writing all day long, in fact all week long. My classes this semester haven't required any sort of tests, just writing. Writing all the time. I am trying to find the fine line of creative writing with facts. I want my readers to have interest, but it all must be supported by fact. I think it's in my nature to write for likelihood. (Probably why I am drawn to fiction over non-fiction almost 99% of the time).
So, here I am at 1:21 am, thinking that I should just probably go back to my paper, but I think I might scream if I have to look at one more APA detail. So instead, I am listening to a new song I downloaded by Bon Iver, thank you to the recommendation of a friend and I am trying to put my thought into words. Words that make sense.
Tonight I was thinking about the last time I cooked. I honestly can't remember. I am blessed with a husband who cooks for me. There is nothing better than coming home to a nice green chicken enchilada. So incredibly delicious. Also, I didn't clean my kitchen this week. This never happens. Cleaning soothes me. I love to have things in some sort of order and I love routines. I love my early morning Saturday runs. I love to teach dance every Wednesday. And I love a Diet Coke every day right around 1:45 pm. I am a total creature of habit. I love plans and being on time, and keeping to schedules. This week I failed. I literally couldn't find the time to clean my kitchen, I guess in all reality I could go and do it right now. There is almost no way. My eyes are closing as I type.
Second, there are pieces of furniture and bikes scattered all over our not-so-large living room. We inherited a piece of furniture that I imagine being fabulous for a basement. But now that I am looking at this piece of furniture, I am trying to think of when we will actually have a basement. It's probably much further away than I even want to image.
Goodnight.
3 comments:
i hear ya on it being a long time til we will have a basement thing. except you guys are probably closer than us!!
I love you dear Sar, and all your crazy thoughts!
remember when i gave your your indian name: 10 sips? i love you.
at least we broke your habit of brushing your teeth twice before bed. ugh i miss you. and i miss the simple life of a missionary.
Post a Comment