Friday, November 4, 2011

My life.

Wish I was wearing this 80's Prom dress tonight to Mitch's PROM! Purple is my new favorite color.

1. This was part of my latest conversation with my sister-in-law:

Abby: Have you been able to cook this week?
Sarah: Not once. I am pathetic.

I seriously am pathetic, we haven't cooked since last Thursday, eight days ago. You may be wondering what we eat: cereal, milk, more cereal and sandwiches. Great diet. No wonder Mitch always want to go out out.

2. I just ate, tried to eat, a mushy apple. Probably the worst tasting thing in the world. And the worst part of my day. I haven't been to the store to buy real food in three weeks. (Costco organic milk lasts for ages!)

3. I taught dance last night for the first time since May and I loved it so much. I always love teaching. But today I can't move my back or my hips or my thighs for that matter. I think I am a little sore from pilates, ridiculous, but all the same. My body hurts.

4. Mitch and I are going to prom tonight with his school. I am so excited, who doesn't love prom? Still have no idea what I am going to wear.

5. I have always heard people say, "My life is completely out of control. I can't get organized, I never get dinner fixed. I haven't been to the store in weeks. My house is a mess." And I would wonder how on earth people actually felt like that. I have turned into this person. I have no idea when or how it happen. But this is me. My life has zero structure. The only things I get accomplished each day are: work, a little bit of spiritualness (I know this isn't a word, but it's going to have to be for the time being) and most likely exercise. Everything else in my is out of control. I am back to sleeping way less than eight hours a night. I slept for five hours a night all through college and until I moved to Minnesota. Once I got to Minnesota and slept for eight hours a night, I vowed to never sleep less than sever hours a night again! And hear I am, never sleeping eight hours a night. I can't tell you many times I hear people tell me I look tired, it makes you feel like a million bucks. (This is a joke, please laugh). We eat dinnermost nights at ten, my most usual breakfast is a bag of dry cherriors and any type of fruit I can find. I should be more productive on the metro, but I am too focused on listening to Harry Potter. I am obsessed with the books on tape. I have already listened to most of them at least three times.

All in all life is chaos. But don't be confused, good chaos. Chaos full of joy and life.

Did I mention that the Kunz family left? I already miss them and they have only been gone one day.

And to top everything off, I haven't watched my shows in weeks. Good thing next week is looking pretty open, especially since Saturday is my last day of work at J.Crew. Yes, I quit. Yes, I am sad. And yes, I had to quit so that I could have some structure in my life. Just a little would be nice.

Happy weekend to everyone. Tonight think of Mitch and me dancing at Prom. I seriously can't wait.

Happy Weekend.

6 comments:

Ali said...

I love listening to Harry Potter too! Jim Dale is fabulous. It's a most definite favorite when I'm cleaning the same messes in my house, over and over!

Have fun at prom! You will be beautiful!

Andrew and I have a fancy work party dinner in December. I can't wait. I hope I can find something suitable to wear at my local Target.

Sarah said...

I will definitely be thinking of you and Mitch dancing at the prom. :D I can't even imagine Mich dancing and you will be beautiful.

I've been listening to HP also! It gets me through 2 miles on the treadmill...yes, I really am that wimpy....or working on projects. Jim Dale is absolutely perfect.

I'm sorry your life is so chaotic and I'm so glad you got to see the Kunz and Rachel and quit your job and maybe you'll get to sleep more soon!

Miss you tons.

James.Megan.Ava.Fischer said...

Seeing you and Mitch was the highlight of our trip. I'll be counting down the days until next time.

Ands. said...

Sarah! I love your blog. And yet, it just ain't the same with y'all being gone. I miss you, sis.

Lindsay and Blake said...

Sarah - I always love your posts but I especially loved this post. Here is why: 1: I am the person you described at the beginning - chaotic lifestyle. Cheers sister. I really want to know who has time to cook dinner. As well as who has a full fridge with fresh milk and a pantry full of food. So - I'll be the first to say that I'm impressed you cooked 8 days ago. Own that! 2: HP on the Subway - Dry Cheerios and Harry Potter makes for a good morning. 3: Purple Prom Dress - reminds me of our Chi O days. 4. I could actually hear how fast you were talking when reading your post and it made me feel at home. Good luck with your simplifying process (J. crew). Talk to you soon!

a.little said...

is the out of control part cause you live in DC now? i feel like this place exudes busy-ness. got your christmas card, thank you :) so cute. turns out we live really close. can we see each other some time soon? I know the holidays are crazy...maybe in 2012? much love to you and a happy christmas.

"words, words, words"

Shakespeare