Tuesday, November 22, 2011

To Jenna

(This picture perfectly displays my mission. I wore that black sweater for probably 100 days straight. It was a different sweater from the one I shrunk.)

Jenna is my friend, one of my best friends and today is her birthday. We met in 2006 in the MTC, Missionary Training Center, in Provo right before I left to go to Lithuania. We luckily ended up being companions for a large majority of our missions. Jenna and I laughed every single day together. She was my favorite companion and I love her so.

Some of my favorite memories with Jenna include:
  • Me, smashed in the bus doors. Jenna laughing.
  • Jenna carrying me over a large puddle of water. Jenna peed her skirt, I dropped my Book of Mormon in the large puddle of water and my shoes ended up getting wet. And loads of contact cards floating everywhere.
  • Making clay figures for Andi when Jenna was sick. I was bored out of my mind and our clay figures melted in the oven. We are idiots.
  • Striped socks! So, so funny.
  • Yellow Face.
  • Sister Arklys.
  • Jolita and Alexandra telling both us we were fat. (Lithuanians are not afraid to be honest, we were fat.)
  • My black sweater. (One of the worst days of my mission. I cried for an hour over my wool sweater shrinking in the washer. I obviously didn't know how to do my own laundry. Jenna laughed so hard, she peed her pants.)
  • Running in the forest.
  • Klaipeda. It was a dream.
  • Watching Jenna drive away with President and Sister Watterson on a cold day in February and it was raining. (This was a scene just like from a book, I was in total depression.)
  • The fat man on the bus with our Christmas boxes.
  • Jenna not able to resist opening all of her presents before Christmas. She was like a kid in a candy store.
  • And of course all of the spiritual experiences.
  • Jenna rescuing me after my accident. She didn't even skip a beat. She was there in 10 seconds.
  • Probably my most favorite memory of all was teaching a woman, who's name I forget, and her crazy obsession with the TV and the bus ride on the way home. I laughed so so so so so so hard.
Happy Birthday Jenna! I love you so.

3 comments:

Monica J.R. said...

I miss you both! And I am so so grateful I had at least a short time to be with you both :)

Love! Sister Hansen :)

Jodi said...

this is awesome. i also witnessed jenna peeing her pants...in the mtc cafeteria.

J & J said...

oh my gosh. sooo i might have a problem with peeing my pants when i laugh to hard. at least you all still love me. love you sar. thanks for this shout out.

"words, words, words"

Shakespeare