
(Asics 2160, I love these shoes and just ordered a new pair.)
Why I run...
Last night after I came home from work, I went running. I usually try to squeeze running into every day of the week. I have this ultimate goal to exercise before work, I just have to come to terms with myself that it will NEVER happen. I was so good about waking up early in the summer to run and I just can't do it here. (Maybe that's because I am addicted to watching Friday Night Lights or the fact that the only time I get to see Mitch is at about 10:00 pm or that SJ K-ville is not with me.) Back to running. I love to run. Last night the sky was painted pink with the DC monuments in the background. The clouds were endless and the sunset was perfect. It was also cool enough to wear a long sleeve shirt while running, a true sign of fall. What do you think about when you run? Me, I think about dance. I choreograph dances while I run. Sometimes I even stop to see if the movement really works. I probably look like a crazy person out there dancing on the sidewalk with all my running clothes on, but I don't really care. I do love to run. I never win races and I am never the fastest one. But running soothes me. It makes me feel whole and happy. I love to run with others, it doesn't matter how fast or how slow, I just love to run. As for my music...Billy Joel, Bob Dillon, Tom Petty, Patty Griffin, basically anything that brings back memories goes on my shuffle. There are many days that I have to talk myself into running, and it takes all I have to go. But after the first thirty minutes, I forget that I didn't even want to run. As for running on a treadmill, I have a breakdown every time I get on the machine. Ok, not a serious breakdown, but I HATE it. Running becomes tedious and overwhelming. Which means, I only make it about thirty minutes on a treadmill and then I have to get off.
I just love to run. Happy running and a happy weekend to all of you.
Why I run...
Last night after I came home from work, I went running. I usually try to squeeze running into every day of the week. I have this ultimate goal to exercise before work, I just have to come to terms with myself that it will NEVER happen. I was so good about waking up early in the summer to run and I just can't do it here. (Maybe that's because I am addicted to watching Friday Night Lights or the fact that the only time I get to see Mitch is at about 10:00 pm or that SJ K-ville is not with me.) Back to running. I love to run. Last night the sky was painted pink with the DC monuments in the background. The clouds were endless and the sunset was perfect. It was also cool enough to wear a long sleeve shirt while running, a true sign of fall. What do you think about when you run? Me, I think about dance. I choreograph dances while I run. Sometimes I even stop to see if the movement really works. I probably look like a crazy person out there dancing on the sidewalk with all my running clothes on, but I don't really care. I do love to run. I never win races and I am never the fastest one. But running soothes me. It makes me feel whole and happy. I love to run with others, it doesn't matter how fast or how slow, I just love to run. As for my music...Billy Joel, Bob Dillon, Tom Petty, Patty Griffin, basically anything that brings back memories goes on my shuffle. There are many days that I have to talk myself into running, and it takes all I have to go. But after the first thirty minutes, I forget that I didn't even want to run. As for running on a treadmill, I have a breakdown every time I get on the machine. Ok, not a serious breakdown, but I HATE it. Running becomes tedious and overwhelming. Which means, I only make it about thirty minutes on a treadmill and then I have to get off.
I just love to run. Happy running and a happy weekend to all of you.
7 comments:
I need to catch the fire you have for running. Have you heard that my next door neighbors own the Salt Lake running company? I hope they adopt me as a project.
You're faster than me!!
ya, you're faster than i am too.
I miss you every day Sar. every dayy. Will we ever live in the same place? ahhh! I love to run too Sar, it keeps me so even and happy. As you know I am a morning runner. Love those mornings. Love you.
Love those shoes, thanks to you. Wish I still had a great running partner like you.
remember when you wanted to run faster than me every single day in lithuania? and you did? and then we ran into a cow and almost crapped our pants and then cancelled the run for the day because of a gigantic brown cow? i miss you.
Amen and amen! I love it with a passion too...too bad we are living on opposite sides of the U.S. or else I would love you for a running buddy...especially so I could see those dance moves :)
Post a Comment