Sunday, June 29, 2008

Mt. Olympus


On Saturday Cait, Ashley, Caitlin Jayne, and I hiked Mt. Olympus.  We started at 3:45 a.m. so that we could be at the top in time for the sunrise.  We got to the top with one minute to spare, the sunrise was breath-taking, just as beautiful as I had remembered.  At the top there was also another surprise waiting for us, gnats...hundreds of them swarming us.  They were so annoying that we could only spend minutes at the top.  

Non-the-less it was worth the early wake-up.

3 comments:

Nanette said...

How fun. I'm sad I couldn't be there!

Danielle said...

sarah jane! let's get together! email me or call me 801 755 6182 we always talk but now we're going to PLAN something! xoxoxo

Ali said...

good grief, woman! do you ever stop? you are the most on-the-go person I know. It's inspiring!

my sister in law said she ran into you that morning! she invited me to hike with her... I pretty much laughed in her face. I didn't think she'd enjoy giving me a piggy back ride.

"words, words, words"

Shakespeare