I heart Lithuania! It has been one year since I returned home from serving my mission in Lithuania. I still think about Lithuania and the people there every single day. I'll be honest, I wish that I was still serving most of the time. I just wanted to pay a little tirbute to Lithuania! I love Lithuania, every single part of it. The picture attached of me in the green field is my last steps in Lithuania. (So I had another picture attached, and I can't find it!) I can hardly believe that I have been home for an entire year. It has been a great year, but nothing has compared with Lithuania.
Some of the things I loved most in Lithuania include: 3-bits, my nasty apartments, ice cream, cold borsh, carbonated water, the women in the church, the sea in Klaipeda, the youth in Klaipeda, Vilnius, the Cathedral in Vilnius, Andi, the white bench park, Sister Robbins, Andi, Friday district meetings, the Watterson's, teaching, knocking doors, contacting like crazy, the cheese, geisha's, the summer's, the bus rides, Lily and Fred, the days when the sun only set for four hours, Nijole, Jolita, Aleksandra, Ingrida, Aurika, Carolina, Jennifer, Rasa, Julija, all of my companions, the winters, teaching the primary how to sing (like I know how to sing), but most of all I loved, and still love, the people. They were the best part of Lithuania. I send all of my love to Lithuania!! Happy one-year mark.
4 comments:
what would i give to go back to our vilnius apartment that one crazy-hot summer night and lay like stars in our underwear.
that is what dreams are made of.
you hung up on my yesterday to talk to mitch. that's why i didn't pick up when you called--i'm protesting.
love you. call me again.
Wow! I can't believe you've been back for a year already! TIme really does fly. Tony recently had his 6th anniversary and he said he can't believe it's been that long already!
Sar, I cannot believe it has been an entire year. i was so counting down the days until you got home- time has flown!
Holy Sarah Crookston!!! I found your blog from Michele Flamms - - - I haven't seen you in years - actually I don't think I have seen you since my cousin Scotty's homecoming! You look fantastic and it looks like life is going great for you. Your mission picture is darling. feel free to check out our blog:
www.spencerandkatietaggart.blogspot.com
katie (thorne) taggart
Post a Comment