Sunday, June 8, 2008

Little Red Riding Hood


This past weekend I did a little bike race with Caitlin, Caitlin Jayne, Ashley, Ali, and Ali's mom.  The race, Little Red Riding Hood, was up in Wellsville and went to Preston, Idaho.  We did the entire race, 102 miles.  I was good until about mile 82, at that point I was sure that my legs were going to fall off, mostly my knees.   I was determined to finish, even though the last 20 miles took me double the time.  It was a great feeling to finish, I was proud of everyone who participated.   Go team SAACC!!!

9 comments:

Weed Family said...

You guys are too cute! Congrats on finishing the race!

Natalie said...

You guys are some tough chicks! I am so glad you have a blog!!!

Tony and Whitney said...

Wow! That's inspiring! Good for you. I can almost feel your pain at mile 82! I know when I did the SLC marathon (which was only walking 13.1 miles--no where near your massive ride) I was barely able to walk on the last mile. With each step on my left leg, I swore my back was going to explode! Congrats!

Ang said...

Wow, Sar, I am so impressed!

Andrew Flegal said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ali said...

Oh my gosh! You are amazing :)

Tyler and Emily said...

How fun! Of course you guys all get road bikes the summer after I leave! What a cute picture, I can't wait to see you guys in 2 weeks!

Sarah said...

nice pic and i am so proud of you. a bit jealous - i just dont see me wisking my pregnant body atop a road bike at that moment and making it out okay. so glad you guys had fun and made it :)

cath said...

you girls rock. snap

"words, words, words"

Shakespeare