1. You never have to guess how long the candy has been sitting on the shelf. You know the candy is not from last year because the stores close-out all the candy after the holiday is over.
2. Seasonal candy is special. By special, I mean it only comes out once a year. ONCE A YEAR. To list a few:
- Jolley's Heart Candies. There is no better candy.
- Mini Cadbury Eggs at Easter, although I hear that they have them at Christmas too.
- M&Ms from any season. For some reason, they always taste better when they are colored for the season.
- Mint M&Ms, only at Christmas.
- Chocolate Oranges. I know most people don't like these. But to me, they represent Christmas at my Dad's house.
- Garden Gate Toffee.
- Chocolate covered peppermint Jo Jo's from Trader Joe's. This might be my favorite holiday treat. So hard to say.
- Candy Corn. (side note: I don't love candy corn, but Megan taught me to eat candy corn with M&Ms and cashews. Amazingly delicious.)
Reason for the random post. There is a beautiful square class jar sitting on my desk full of red, pink, and white M&Ms. They are begging me to eat them and I am just trying to show some self control.
So, Happy Wednesday and enjoy your candy. Who knows how long it will be in season.
4 comments:
you're making me crave some valentine's candy right now! mmmmmmm.
I couldn't agree more. Mitch will tell you that while we were in California I confessed to be eating my 3rd bag of VALENTINES GOBSTOPPER HEARTS. Gobstoppers happen to be my favorite all year long - however - when they come in the shape of a heart, consisting of mostly red, pink, and purple... I can't help myself. xo
My mom is the queen of seasonal candy, which was a smart move on her side, because it got our friends to hang out at our place, or at least show their faces enough to grab something sweet.
That combo is the best way to incorporate candy corn into your diet.
Post a Comment