Friday, February 10, 2012

Learning to Let Go.

(I usually don't write about personal things on my blog, but my brain has been reading about higher education so much lately and I need a little break from reading. So, I am writing about what has been floating around in my mind for the last few months.)

Do you ever disconnect yourself from someone or something just because it's too hard to hold on? Well, I did. Basically for the first time in my life, I just let it all go. Not because I didn't want to hold on forever, but because for the first time I realized that it was easier for me to let go. Easier for me, for Mitch, for my family.

My Mom got divorced last month and I had to let go of my step-family for a little while. This isn't because I don't love them like they are my own family, but because I realized that I couldn't hold on for the time being. I guess you could say it was my way of mourning the divorce. In most situations I feel like the easier option is the wrong way out. But not this time, at least for me. Maybe I am writing all of this to justify why I disconnected myself from the people that mean so much to me.

I write this for so many reasons. 1. My life isn't perfect, I do have the best husband and we are fortunate is so many ways. But my life isn't perfect. 2. I want to start over again. I mean by this that I want to start my relationship over again with my step siblings. I love them all the same. So many of my memories for the last 15 years include them. 3. Because I am human. And letting go was one of the most human things I have ever done.

Letting go is just one step for starting over.

Loves,

sj


3 comments:

Jake, Teylor, Walker & Hayes said...

you're the best, you know that!?! Miss you guys!

Ang said...

Love you, Sar!

Michelle said...

I love you Sarah! Call me if you ever need to talk. Love love love you!

"words, words, words"

Shakespeare