We went to Nauvoo last weekend with our good friends Audrey and Shad. It really was amazing. It was incredible to be in a place where the church had so much growth and to be where Joseph Smith had been.
Standing in front of Joseph Smith's house and over to the right is his grave.
While in Nauvoo we also celebrated my 26th birthday. I feel older, I think I am going to have a horrible time turning 50. We ate Dairy Queen, a midwest favorite, chocolate ice cream to celebrate. All in all it was a wonderful trip and birthday.
4 comments:
Sar! I agree, 26 was a rough one. It is really old! Glad Nauvoo was fun!
Happy Birthday to YOU!!
I can't imagine a better place to spend a birthday than Nauvoo.I celebrated my 20th birthday there when I was a student at the J.S.A.
I'm also pleased to hear that chocolate ice cream was involved! Love you!
I don't think I realized it was your birthday! Happy belated! Wait til 27. . . yikes.
so jealous! I would love to visit Nauvoo...hopefully some day :) By the way, I didn't know you were in Utah...I would love to see you again and we should double so I can meet your husband :) love you!
Post a Comment