Election day brings a lot of emotions for me. First, I love election day, regardless of candidates or parties. I look forward to election day, especially when we vote for a President. I love the ability that I have to vote, in fact I believe it's a responsibility (some may disagree, but I am entitled to my opinion). Yesterday I waited in line for three hours to vote. Half of these hours were outside in the freezing cold shade. But I didn't care, because voting is a privilege that many women around the world do not have, and I have it. I take pride in the fact that I get to vote for the candidates I think will best serve my community and country. My opinions may be different from my husband, family members, and friends, but it doesn't matter. I took the time to read up on the issues and study the candidates. I am not going to state exactly how I felt about the outcome of the election yesterday. I was encouraged with the results of some elections, I feel hope for Utah. Other races broke my heart. I had so much faith and hope and the outcome was different than I wanted. I think that America is going to survive one way or the other. I believe in a balance of power and truly believe that the country will not spiral into some kind of hellish world because of one person's decisions. Voting is our right and our freedom. The results of yesterday's election was the choice of millions of America. Now, we should all put our pride aside and work together. Make positive change happen for our country. I don't know how to do this, I don't have the answer; but I pray with my entire heart that President Obama will serve our country well.
On a side note, I read this article in the Deseret News this morning, it's my favorite post-election article so far.
Read and enjoy.
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865566168/I-voted-for-freedom-today-in-Ohio-2-and-so-did-everyone-else-across-the-country-who-voted.html
And remember that we all voted for freedom yesterday and our vote does count.
2 comments:
thanks for posting this article. just lovely. i concur.
Well said.
Post a Comment