When I was younger, there was a notion put into my head that carbonation will make you a slower runner or make you fat. Which is probably true, but just those two ideas made my desire to drink carbonation completely stop. I went years without drinking carbonation.
Well since I have become older, I am so old – 25 to be exact, I have succumbed to drinking Diet Coke here and there. This habit started about a year ago when I started working 40 hours a week. (In all honesty there was a little bit of Diet Coke drinking on my mission, mostly to battle the days of complete exhaustion.) I was still, and still am, struggling to find time to have a perfect social life, career that is moving forward, free time to exercise, dating and casually reading on the side. With all this and staying awake in meetings which start sometimes at 7:00 a.m. in the morning, Diet Coke was my only answer. (This is so ridiculous) I was faced and still am faced with the choice between coffee, water, and Diet Coke. Well since coffee is an automatic no and water is there for me to drink the rest of the day, of course I choose Diet Coke. This started being a “once a week” habit and slowly moved into a Monday – Friday habit. Currently I am down to about two a week. However last week when I ran 14.5 miles with my friend Molly, the only thing I wanted when I finished running was Diet Coke. I stopped at my Grandma’s one the way home and took one from her fridge downstairs.
I am ashamed to admit this, call me vain, I don’t care. But I hate that I feel like I need a Diet Coke to stay awake, however I do pay much more attention during meetings when Diet Coke is involved.
Back to my title, “Diet Coke or Diet Pepsi”. I have a preconceived notion about Diet Pepsi. I associate Diet Pepsi with people that drink soda or pop all the time. And I don’t want to be considered one of these people, not like “these people” are bad. I have lots of friends that love Diet Coke, one of my best friends who is currently residing in Lincoln, Nebraska loves Diet Coke. In fact, she informed me just the other day, that cans of Diet Coke are cheaper in Nebraska. Who would have thought? I don’t where this notion came from or exactly why I have it, but I can’t force myself to drink any form of Pepsi, not like I really need to. I think part of me is afraid of the taste, is that possible?
So, where did all this come from…there are 12 Diet Pepsi’s in my fridge and not one Diet Coke.
Are you a Diet Coke drinker?
6 comments:
http://andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com/the_daily_dish/2009/08/the-original-formula.html
I'll drink either. I think I have to say that I prefer Diet Coke. I drink it sparingly... maybe once a week.
However, my father in law and husband are pure Pepsi drinkers. Andrew doesn't drink caffeine because he (and his Mom) are convinced it makes him cranky. His drink of choice is caffeine free Pepsi.
How funny! You crack me up. Working at the Capitol made me break my "no caffeine while pregnant" rule.
When I finished the half, ALL I wanted was a diet coke, I say no shame, when you run that much, you deserve a reward!
Hey! I know that girl you're talking about that lives in Lincoln! How weird. :) You know me... I love a good diet coke, but I'll take a diet pepsi every once in a while. I'm trying to stick to two a day. Don't judge. Some day I'll be better. Miss you!
Post a Comment