Monday, April 28, 2008

Welcome to Williamsburg!!!!



My days are coming to an end for work, everyday at about 5:15 p.m. I start to go crazy.  I just can't handle sitting in my desk much longer.  There is no window to look out, no CNN to watch; it's just me, my desk, and the other intern-Josh.  We are both like little kids waiting for the school bell to ring, we try to find little projects to keep ourselves occupied for the remaining 45 minutes and tell funny stories to humor ourselves.  And it always seems as if at 5:59 p.m. someone comes around to my side of the room and gives me a new project to be finished before work ends.

I have gained a greater love for D.C. during the month of April.  If every month was April in D.C. I might not ever leave.  This past week one of my best friends was here to visit, Andi!  It was the highlight of my week, mostly we just watched the Jazz play, ate good food, and talked. 

This past week I also watched more sports than usual.  I have become addicted to watching the Jazz games, I feel as if they must win!  I think that this desire for the Jazz to win is my undying love for Utah and the excitement I feel for home.  I also attended a Nationals game, they actually won and I went to a D.C. United Soccer game.  Which was an experience within itself, I have never seen better fans.  At half time, they all rounded up in a circle; they screamed, clapped, and sprayed beer.

Yesterday I went to Williamsburg with Megan and her Mom.  It was a nice little road trip, we walked around the old city of Williamsburg, which is located right next to Jamestown, and heard old ghost stories.  You can't drive around the city of Williamsburg, you have to take a bus there and the city of full of tourists and locals dressed up as 18th century citizens.  The locals really get into their parts, it's rather humorous and inspiring.

Tonight I met with my book club, which is Kimball and Liz, Bobby came along.  I am sad to leave them.  It's funny that we call it a book club, because we never finished the first book we started but more than anything my D.C. experience has been fabulous because of these people. 

(The first picture is in front of the Courthouse in Williamsburg and the second picture is with my friend Lindsey from work; we shot M-16's in the bottom of the Capitol.)

2 comments:

Michelle Pearson said...

Sarah! So random that I found you on here. It has been forever since I talked to you last. I think it was when you were driving on your way to the MTC to be exact. It looks like you're doing amazingly well. I want to call you and catch up! Email me your number please ! hope to hear from you soon!!
Love~Michelle
michellechidester@gmail.com

Ali said...

I know you miss Utah, but if it makes you feel any better - please know that today is May 1st and it's snowing outside.

Somewhat frustrating, disheartening... especially when I was able to take Eliza to the park on Monday and now she's forced to sing head, shoulders, knees & toes for her daily exercise! Ha.

Anyway -your life is insanely cool and you look gorgeous in the photos.

"words, words, words"

Shakespeare